A place for us to keep track of this new chapter in our medical adventure with Ryan... As if his transplant wasn't enough...
Day 423 - Happy Fathers Day!
Get link
Facebook
X
Pinterest
Email
Other Apps
We all got up around noon to have Fathers Day breakfast, complete with waffles and bacon and sausage. Then, I got very achy and tired, so I went back to sleep... all day. Kathryn had a bit of a flu, so I probably got it from her.
Good news is that Ryan is totally fine, and adjusting to life at home. Labs tomorrow, so I really hope I'm feeling better.
Thank you for the continued prayers and good thoughts!
sounds like a great Father's Day, except you not feeling good in the afternoon--hope you are feeling better now. Prayers are still being answered for Ryan :) :) LUV U all
Today - Sept, 2018 So, this is day 500. 500 days since we found out Ryan had Leukemia. It's been a very strange year and a half, and you all have no idea how much I appreciate your support and your prayers. For the last 500 days, I have posted an update every evening. I have tried to keep my posts positive (sometimes more for me than for anyone reading them). There are things that I have not talked about, perhaps because putting those things into writing will make them possible. Mostly, I have avoided any writing that implies that there is any alternative to things working out. When we were first diagnosed with Leukemia, our doctors came in to give us 'the talk'. For anyone who has gone through this, you know about 'the talk'. Since Ryan had a small bowel and liver transplant, odds were that Ryan would not survive. We knew this. However, Ryan is an amazing kid, always defying the odds. May, 2017 (first month...
You know that time in your life, when everything is going okay? I mean, you still have to pay bills and do the dishes, but in general, life is pretty good. You have enough money to pay those bills and put food on those dishes. Your concerns are about your kid's grades and what we should make for dinner and who's going to fold the laundry. You start discussing plans for next year and a few years down the road. Your monthly schedule is filled with things like nail appointments or school concerts. And, for a few moments, you almost feel normal. Then life just kicks you in the ass and reminds you that you are NOT normal. Yea, that would be us. A quick background, for those who don't know us: Ryan was born with a genetic disease called Hirschprung's, where the intestine doesn't work correctly. Through multiple surgeries, we couldn't fix it, and by the time he was a year old, we needed a liver and small bowel transplant. We got ou...
I spent the day in Fort Benton with my mom and her friend... It was nice to spend the day walking around the fort and the museums, and just enjoy the beautiful day. Ryan stayed home with Patrick, so it was kind of a break day for him as well! He woke up late and didn't have to worry about his school work all day... But, he will make up for the missing work tomorrow... One of the side benefits of homeschooling! His belly has completely closed up, now that he's been without the IV chemo for 2 weeks or so. It looks great and hopefully will stay that way for a while. We don't have another spinal tap until October, and I don't think we have the week long IV chemo for another few weeks. Just enjoying feeling good! Thank you all for the prayers and good thoughts!
sounds like a great Father's Day, except you not feeling good in the afternoon--hope you are feeling better now.
ReplyDeletePrayers are still being answered for Ryan :) :)
LUV U all